Frequently Asked Questions
1. What services do you provide?
We specialise in Chinese language service including Mandarin and Cantonese interpreting, translation in simplified and traditional Chinese, typesetting and DTP and subtitling.
2. What payment methods do you offer?
Payment must be received before the project can commence. We accept bank transfer, cash and credit card. A 3% surcharge applies for credit card payments.
3. Are your interpreters/translators certified by NAATI?
Yes. All of our interpreters and translators have current NAATI certification. All our translations are also checked by a second translator to provide additional quality assurance.
1. What kind of interpreting service do you provide?
We provide on-site and phone interpreting in a community or conference setting, as well as differentmodes of interpreting, i.e. simultaneous interpreting, consecutive interpreting and Chuchotage (simultaneous interpreting in a whisper).
2. How do I book an interpreter?
Please email your request with booking details, including date, time, location, type of interpreting, topic and contact person to firstname.lastname@example.org. For urgent (next day) requests, contact our team during business hours at 07 3172 5327.
3. Is there a minimal booking time?
Yes. The minimal booking time is 1.5 hours for community interpreting, 2 hours for conference interpreting, and 30 minutes for phone interpreting.
4. Is there a travel surcharge for interpreting service?
There is no surcharge for travel time if a location is within 15 km of our office. If not, travel fees will be charged based on the distance. Please contact our office for more details.
5. Can I book an interpreter for an appointment outside business hours?
Yes. An additional 50% surcharge will apply for after-hours service.
6. What is your cancellation policy?
Requests for cancellation of services must be made at least 2 business days prior to date of service, or payment of contracted hours will be required.
1. Can you provide a NAATI-certified translation?
If you require NAATI certification, please let us know when you place your order. We will sign our translations with our NAATI stamps affixed before delivering them to you via email or post.
2. How long does it take to translate my document?
The standard turn around time for a one page certificate is one business day.
Please advise us of your deadline and we will provide you with the exact quote depending on urgency.
3. How much do you charge for a translation?
Our quote is based on word count, language complexity, urgency and formatting requirements. We charge per 100 words of an original document. An addition cost for typesetting may apply if the required format of the translated document is not in MS Word. Please email us your documents to get an exact quote.
4. Do I need to show my documents at your office?
No, you can simply email an electronic copy of your document to email@example.com.
5. How will you deliver a translated document?
We will email you a scanned copy of the translated document. If you require a hard copy, you may pick it up from our office during business hours. We can also send it to you by regular post for free. Additional charges apply for priority, registered or express post requests.
6. Can I request for more than one original copy of the translation?
Yes, but there is a small surcharge per extra copy.
7. Is there a validity period of certified translations?
No, a certified translation will remain valid permanently. You may notice a "valid to" date on the stamp affixed to a certified translation. This is the date that a translator needs to renew their credentials.